Five Ways to Deliver Great Customer Service
In order to have a truly successful business, your first priority should be to attract more long term loyal customers because it costs five times as much to win a new customer than to keep a current one. Keeping your customers coming back, results in more reputation for you and more people will learn about your business through your clients. For delivering great customer service you should think beyond just selling your product or service because there will always be other businesses with better customer service and cheaper prices. The service you provide is how you can differentiate yourself from every other business out there.
Providing a good customer service doesn’t mean to just do your job well. Doing your best job at delivering your service is exactly what is expected from you. With providing an excellent customer service, you turn your current customers into lifelong clients who stick with you. The value you bring to your customer goes beyond your products. So you should think long term and try to see every person as a customer for life.
Here are five ways you can start to create a pattern of excellent customer service in your business:
- Real relationships: In order to begin a real relationship with your customers you should maintain regular contact with them. Engage with your customers in a real, personal way. Ask them questions about themselves and their lives and try to show interest in them because a real relationship will last much longer than a simple relationship between a vendor and a buyer.
- Don’t make your customers wait: Try to respond to your clients as quickly as possible. Many people believe a good customer service is the one that tries to resolve a reported problem in the quickest time possible.
- Be friendly: A warm greeting or a simple smile can have a great positive impact on your customers and attract them initially. It is believed that first opinions are formed within the first 10 seconds, so the next time you see a customer, make sure you’re ready to be friendly.
- Show respect: If you treat your customers and employees with respect, they will respect you back and treat you the same way. Acting respectfully towards your customers will ensure them that you don’t mix your emotions with your business.
- Ask for feedback: Getting feedback from your customers is one of the important keys for your business’s success. Always ask for feedback and try to identify areas for improvement, then make specific changes in your business.
(Image source: Flickr)